This month Barb Kyes reviews Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness from Jeffrey Gitomer. This short, sweet, and to the point book has been used by companies across the world for over a decade. It’s packed with answers that people are searching for in order to help them make sales for the moment―and the rest of their lives.
Little Red Book of Selling’s objectives are based on real life experiences and can be applied to any sales driven organization:
Think End of Time NOT End of Quarter: Long-term, relationship driven, and referral oriented
Plans and goals in front of your face every day: Become valuable
Become known as a resource not as a salesperson: Answers to customer’s questions
Opportunity often shows up in the form of adversity: Seize the opportunity
- The Most Stupid Questions Sales People Ask
- Who are you currently using …
- Are you satisfied with your current
- How much are you currently paying for …
- Can I quote you on …
- Can I bid on …
- Tell me a little bit about your business
- Are you the person who decides that
- If I could save you money would you ….
- What would it take to get/earn your business? [MOST STUPID]
- When the deal requires final approval from “others”
- Get your contacts personal approval of the deal
- Get on your contacts team
- Arrange a meeting with all deciders
- Know the prime decider in advance
- Make entire presentation again
About Barb Kyes
ActionCOACH Tampa Bay was founded by Barb and her husband Ford in 2007. Within the first few months, Barb attended her first ActionCOACH regional conference where ActionCOACH founder, Brad Sugars, recognized her with the “Action Man Award” for her leadership in developing systems for other starting firms. Since then, Barb has demonstrated an unparalleled aptitude for success as a business coach. She trains leaders in both large and small firms and has led coaching engagements with multi-million dollar companies. Barb has received both regional and national recognition in publications like Forbes Magazine for her professional accomplishments and more importantly, her clients have also been recognized both locally and nationally for their dramatic improvements. As the leader of one of the most successful coaching firms in the world, consistently in the top 10 firms globally and ranking number 1 and 2 in the U.S., she has been setting a standard and model for other coaches and business owners across the global organization.