This month Barb Kyes outlines The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes.
In this book, Chet walks us through a handful of things that most of us are not doing that will absolutely, positively double or triple your sales in 6-12 months.
Chet Holmes helps his clients blow away both their competition and their own expectations. His advice starts with one simple concept: FOCUS! Instead of trying to master four-thousand strategies to improve your business, he suggests zeroing in on the handful of essential skill areas that make the biggest difference.
The Ultimate Sales Machine shows you how to tune up and soup up virtually every part of your business by spending just an hour per week on each impact area you want to improve: sales, marketing, management, and more.
3 Building Blocks that are simple for long-term success as we battle consumers who are more resistant to advertising and as all industries get more and more competitive:
- Everyone in the company must master the productivity!
- Commitment to training like never before.
- Conduct powerful meetings for every major business unit.
7 Musts of Marketing: Get all 7 of them to 1. work together is KEY and 2. be strategic
- Advertising: distinctive, screaming headline, headline that hooks, body copy that keeps them reading, and includes a call to action
- Direct Mail: use a lot of color and put messages on the envelope
- Corporate Literature: brochure as main tool which includes important data and core story
- Public Relations: trade shows, press releases, making the news
- Personal Contact: sales visits, calls, person-to-person marketing touches *considered most potent form of marketing
- Market Education: trade shows and market education, charity events, speaking events = get noticed, drive traffic and capture leads!
- Internet: relationship building, interaction, offer a webinar, convert traffic into sales.
12 Skills that must be mastered to achieve double/triple growth:
- Master productivity
- Hold effective meetings
- Become a strategist
- Hiring only top talent
- Best Buyers only
- Musts of Marketing
- The eyes have it…use visuals whenever possible
- Plan every step in detail
- Go deep – plan each & every step in the process in detail
- Follow up
- Set goals = The plan must all work together
There are so many great refreshers and points packed into this book in a wide range of topics including hiring top talent, improving productivity, steps for your sales and follow up process, a deep dive into the 7 marketing musts, and more!
The over-arching theme of book you will want to read over and over again… is that Discipline & Determination are Key.
If you are ready to take more action in your business to create a higher degree of discipline and determination, contact us for a complimentary coaching session to get some action steps right away!
About Barb Kyes
ActionCOACH Tampa Bay was founded by Barb and her husband Ford in 2007. Within the first few months, Barb attended her first ActionCOACH regional conference where ActionCOACH founder, Brad Sugars, recognized her with the “Action Man Award” for her leadership in developing systems for other starting firms. Since then, Barb has demonstrated an unparalleled aptitude for success as a business coach. She trains leaders in both large and small firms and has led coaching engagements with multi-million dollar companies. Barb has received both regional and national recognition in publications like Forbes Magazine for her professional accomplishments and more importantly, her clients have also been recognized both locally and nationally for their dramatic improvements. As the leader of one of the most successful coaching firms in the world, consistently in the top 10 firms globally and ranking number 1 and 2 in the U.S., she has been setting a standard and model for other coaches and business owners across the global organization.