The full load of running a business can’t fall on your shoulders. You think you can handle it all, and maybe you’ve been getting by. But that’s the path to inefficiency and burnout. And no one will want to buy a company that isn’t run like a well-oiled machine.
It can be difficult to trust others with tasks you’ve always done yourself. Letting go starts with knowing you’ve trained your team to handle the day-to-day operations. Empower your team through training, systems and key performance indicators, and they’ll have the confidence and empowerment to run your business. Just as important: You’ll be happier as your stress decreases and you have more time to focus on the big-picture of your business’s growth.
Benefits of Training
As we’ve explained, training can be about preparing your managers to take over their expanding roles and responsibilities. It can also be about you! As in how YOU manage people and whether you communicate in a way that builds a successful team. In both cases, training is important to your company’s success because it will:
- Take your business to the next level of growth
- Help you see the big picture of your business, share that vision, and show how everyone can coordinate their efforts to do what’s best for growing the company.
You want people on your side who are enthusiastic about the company and that see you as a leader they can rely on, not someone they fear.
To be a better manager, you have to be able to communicate with your employees and help them understand the big picture of how the business is run.
There’s a bit of business wisdom that has found its way into a quote that addresses the idea of training staff. It comes in a few varieties, but one version goes like this:
CFO: “What happens if we invest in developing our people and they leave us?”
CEO: “What happens if we don’t and they stay?”
These two lines succinctly illustrate the point that if you’re not empowering your employees to do great work, you’re not just limiting their horizons. You’re harming your business.
Get Great Management Insight from ActionCOACH Tampa Bay
ActionCOACH Tampa Bay has the expertise to provide the training tailored to make you a better manager, and to help your team be better managers.
We’re eager to share our insights with you. We want you to cultivate relationships with colleagues so that your business reaches its potential and sets new standards for excellence. Along the way, we’ll help you:
- Discover the traits that all great managers have in common, including patience and conflict resolution skills
- Deliver team-building exercises that promote trust and communication
- Learn how to let go and not micromanage
- Help you understand what not to say to your team
- Set up processes for day-to-day operations that your employees can follow and that don’t rely on you to attend to personally
Stop waiting for challenges to fix themselves. Contact us and together we’ll put you on the path to working smarter, not harder.