Do you manage a team of other people? Great communication is one important key to a successful team, so be sure to avoid saying certain things around or to your team. Learn how to be a better manager with help from this Forbes blog.
- You can’t go home until this is finished.
- That sounds like a personal problem.
- If you don’t want your job, I’ll find someone who does.
- I’m not going to tell you again.
- That’s just the policy — you’ll have to deal with it.
- If I wanted your opinion, I’d ask for it.
- That’s not your decision to make.
- I don’t care if you agree with it — just get it done.
- You know how many things I have to deal with apart from whatever you’re complaining about?
- Fine, do it your way, but if you mess it up you’re taking the blame.
Those were pretty brutal! Have you ever found yourself saying one of these statements to your team? Read more about why these are ineffective ways to manage a team in the Forbes contributed blog by Liz Ryan.
Download Our Free eBooks For More Reading Opportunities
Want to continue on the reading train? Download our free e-books to learn everything from instant strategic alliance building to loyalty strategies.