Christmas 2016 is officially over so you know what that means — time to think about your New Year’s resolutions for 2017! Whether your goals are personal, professional, or both, self-improvement is one of the most major keys to success. But, as a busy business owner, you may be wondering how to make time to follow through with your resolutions. The business coaches at ActionCOACH Tampa Bay are here with strategies to help you make time to ensure you meet all of your goals in 2017!
Facts About New Year’s Resolutions
According to research from the University of Scranton, a week into the new year, 75 percent of resolutions are still on track. However, after six months, only 46 percent are still working towards their goals, and only eight percent actually achieve their goals.
Did you know? The top New Year’s resolutions are to lose weight, get organized, spend less and save more, enjoy life more, and stay fit and healthy.
The research also found that people who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don’t explicitly make resolutions.
Tips to Make Time for New Year’s Resolutions
- Set simple, manageable goals to help build up to major goals. Hire a business coach to help with professional goals to ensure that your time is used effectively in the new year.
- Make a plan. Be specific and set tangible goals. To be successful, resolutions should have rational, achievable metrics. (Think: “I will attend one networking event a week,” rather than “I will be more outgoing this year.”) This not only helps you achieve your goals, but also organizes your thoughts and ideas more efficiently so that you free up more time to actually complete them.
- Take your vacation days! New research from Bankrate.com states that more than half of U.S. workers who are offered paid vacation days don’t use them. Even if you aren’t offered paid vacation time, always be sure to take time off here and there to make sure you have time for yourself and your personal goals. Even taking a day to catch up on sleep, read a book, or take a yoga class can help you realign and re-prioritize your goals and help you stick to your plans.
- Tell your friends. Telling others about your goals (either in person or on social media) has been found to help people stay accountable for reaching those goals. You could also try a vision board for yourself so that you physically see your goals each day.
- Stay positive. Don’t let obstacles, hassles, or time constraints get in the way of your goals. Train yourself to focus on positives in life and teach yourself to turn obstacles into opportunities.
Read more about how to stay positive on our blog: The Science of Positivity: How Staying Upbeat Can Improve Your Career
Read more time-saving techniques on our blog: The Complete Guide to Mastering Time Management
Let ActionCOACH Business Coaching Help Your 2017 Resolutions
The business coaches at ActionCoach Tampa Bay are here to help with your 2017 New Year’s resolutions. We will help you make a business plan, set goals and help you achieve them through monitored and strategic guidance. Contact us today to get started on making the new year your best ever.